Early Learning Assistant - Underwood
Job no: 495923
Work type: Full-time Permanent, Part-time Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Join our growing child care family
You’ll enjoy being a part of our centre and, through daily observations, you’ll ensure the individual needs of your room are met while working alongside other passionate and dedicated educators.
Conveniently located just off Kingston Road, our 103-place centre has fantastic, custom-designed environments. Our large yard comes complete with dry creek bed for water play, gardens and shared areas and our bright interiors have plenty of nature-inspired resources. Our diverse range of educators are passionate professionals and pride themselves on creating strong bonds with the children, families and local community.
The indoor and outdoor environments have been designed to offer children complex and challenging learning opportunities, places of beauty and sustainable materials and resources.
Your role as a Qualified Educator is to:
- To build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the centre community
- To have a sound knowledge of and demonstrate high-quality practice in line with, the National Quality Framework, that is, Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, the National Quality Standard, and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- To actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly children’s progress and activities with their families
- In collaboration with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation
Successful candidate will have a:
- Completed Diploma or Cert III in Children's Services
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Blue Card
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, for your families and for your Educator colleagues
Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Apply now to help us achieve our mission.
The joys of working for Guardian
- Access to professional development opportunities including our annual conference, leadership development, international visitors and monthly meetings
- Career advancement opportunities across our network including working in larger centres, new centres or turnaround centres
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
If you are seeking a long-term career in the early year’s sector then we would love to hear from you, as we believe we can offer you a career like no one else.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time