New Centre Opening - Expression of Interest Kew
Job no: 495932
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: East Melbourne
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Expressions of interest Early Learning Educators - NEW CENTRE - KEW
Join us at Guardian Early Learning Group, one of Melbourne's leading educational providers!
Opening in April 2018 GELC – Kew will be our newest centre, conveniently located on High Street we are walking distance from both Clyde Street and Station Street tram stations.
Spread over 2 levels, this custom-built and architecturally designed space offers expansive indoor/outdoor play areas. We have a commercial grade kitchen that will be used as a learning environment, featuring an open servery, giving visibility to the process of food preparation and promoting interaction with our cook. Meals will be shared together in the piazza, where children can assist in setting the table, serving their own food and cleaning up afterwards.
Custom-designed to offer nurturing and stimulating early learning environments for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. It features expansive and light filled indoor/outdoor play areas equipped with reggio-inspired materials, natural resources and huge windows which connect the children with the community.
Type of roles:
- 2IC & Educational Leader
- Early Childhood Teachers
- Diploma Assistants
- Certificate III
- To build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the centre community
- To have a sound knowledge of and demonstrate high-quality practice in line with, the National Quality Framework, that is, Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, the National Quality Standard, and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- To actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly children's progress and activities with their families
- In collaboration with your peers extend children's thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation
Successful candidates will have a:
- Completed Certificate III or Diploma in Children's Services and/or a Bachelor in Early Learning
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current working with children's check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, for your families and for your colleagues
Why work at Guardian?
- You will work with like-minded educators who truly believe in high quality teaching
- You will be rewarded and recognised through our monthly peer-nominated Educator Awards, Quarterly Award for outstanding Team performance and Educator Awards nights
- You will have professional development opportunities to build your knowledge and excel in your career:
- Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care traineeships.
- An 18-month unique Diploma at Guardian to support your growth
- Reimbursement of fees if you’re studying for a commonwealth supported placement degree of Early Childhood & Education
- Paid study leave, practicum placement, support from experienced mentors
- Educator Days and masterclasses to inspire and inform you as well as opportunities to network with other educators
- Sector specific skill development opportunities such as First Aid, Child Protection Training, Practical National Quality Framework Training and more!
- There are significant opportunities for career developments across different centres, new centre openings or our Support Office.
- You can feed into Guardian’s education project – a world class, quality enhancement initiative
- Your own children will receive childcare at up to 50% of the cost
- You will have access to our complementary and confidential Employee Assistance Program to help you through any personal, family or work-related concerns
- All of this, plus an attractive pay package!
Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Apply now to help us achieve our mission.
'Guardian Early Learning Group is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered, and our policies, procedures and practices will ensure that child protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes for all children.'
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time