Early Learning Cook - Charlotte Street
Job no: 496040
Work type: Part-time Permanent
Location: CBD & Inner West Brisbane
Categories: Cook/Kitchen Hand
Join our growing child care family
Our beautiful new 79-place centre has a unique, custom-built indoor space filled with materials and an outdoor space complete with vegetable garden. We have a specialty art space, natural materials and plenty of areas to explore and learn. Our culturally diverse team and families bring an array of languages and traditions which add to the richness of our centre.
Your role as a Child Care Cook
As a Cook, you will plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children within our amazing centre.
You will be developing a seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations and ensures children’s health and wellbeing whilst maintaining strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community. You will ensure that best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within your kitchen at all times.
Successful Cooks at our centres will have a:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Paid Blue Card or willing to obtain
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Passion for working in a small and respectful team
- Customer and quality orientated approach
Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Apply today!
Why work at Guardian?
If you are seeking a long-term career in the early year’s sector then we would love to hear from you, as we believe we can offer you a career like no one else.
- You will be rewarded and recognised through our monthly peer-nominated Educator Awards, Quarterly Award for outstanding Team performance and Educator Awards nights
- You will have professional development opportunities to build your knowledge and excel in your career
- There are significant opportunities for career developments across different centres, new centre openings or our Support Office
- Your own children will receive childcare at up to 50% of the cost
- You will have access to our complementary and confidential Employee Assistance Program to help you through any personal, family or work-related concerns
- All of this, plus an attractive pay package!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time