Early Learning Diploma Assistant - Augustine Heights
Job no: 496186
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Join our growing child care family
You’ll enjoy our toddler room and, through daily observations, you’ll ensure the individual needs of your room are met while working alongside other passionate and dedicated educators.
Our beautiful custom designed 135 place centre, conveniently located in Augustine Heights is designed with a focus on natural materials, green spaces and light. It is within these learning environments that our team of dedicated and passionate educators implement the Guardian curriculum – a Reggio Emilia inspired play-based, child-led early learning philosophy which encompasses literacy, numeracy, science, art, music, and language, underpinned by a focus on social and emotional development.
The indoor and outdoor environments have been designed to offer children complex and challenging learning opportunities, places of beauty and sustainable materials and resources.
Your role as a Diploma Qualified Educator is to:
- To build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the centre community
- To have a sound knowledge of and demonstrate high-quality practice in line with, the National Quality Framework, that is, Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, the National Quality Standard, and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- To actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly children’s progress and activities with their families
- In collaboration with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation
Successful candidate will have a:
- Completed Diploma in Children's Services
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, for your families and for your Educator colleagues
Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Apply now to help us achieve our mission.
Why work at Guardian?
- You will work with like-minded educators who truly believe in high quality teaching.
- You will be rewarded and recognised through our monthly peer-nominated Educator Awards, Quarterly Award for outstanding Team performance and Educator Awards nights.
- You will have professional development opportunities to build your knowledge and excel in your career:
- An 18-month unique Diploma at Guardian to support your growth.
- Reimbursement of fees if you’re studying for a commonwealth supported placement degree of Early Childhood & Education.
- Paid study leave, practicum placement, support from experienced mentors.
- Educator Days and masterclasses to inspire and inform you as well as opportunities to network with other educators.
- Sector specific skill development opportunities such as First Aid, Child Protection Training, Practical National Quality Framework Training and more!
- There are significant opportunities for career developments across different centres, new centre openings or our Support Office.
- You can feed into Guardian’s education project – a world class, quality enhancement initiative.
- Your own children will receive childcare at up to 50% of the cost.
- You will receive a complementary and confidential Employee Assistance Program to help you through any personal, family or work-related concerns.
- All of this, plus an attractive pay package!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time