Early Learning Trainee - Augustine Heights
Job no: 496203
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Begin your career in the Early Years Sector and gain a nationally recognised Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and be paid as you learn! This is a paid traineeship for 12 months.
Our beautiful custom designed 135 place centre, conveniently located in Augustine Heights is designed with a focus on natural materials, green spaces and light. It is within these learning environments that our team of dedicated and passionate educators implement the Guardian curriculum – a Reggio Emilia inspired play-based, child-led early learning philosophy which encompasses literacy, numeracy, science, art, music, and language, underpinned by a focus on social and emotional development.
The indoor and outdoor environments at our centres have been designed to offer children complex and challenging learning opportunities, places of beauty, as well as sustainable materials and resources.
Your role as a Trainee is to:
- To build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- To actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly children’s progress and activities with their families
- Prepare the childrens play and learning materials for the days activities. Then in collaboration with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments and spontaneous play experiences
- Help children with daily routines such as toileting, dressing, eating and sleeping and assist with the serving of light snacks and meals and communicate with the families on children’s progress and activities of the day into the program
Successful candidate will have:
- A genuine interest in a long term career within Early Childhood education
- The ability to commit to a 12 month traineeship program
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Apply now to help us achieve our mission!
Why work at Guardian?
- You will work with like-minded educators who truly believe in high quality teaching.
- You will be rewarded and recognised through our monthly peer-nominated Educator Awards, Quarterly Award for outstanding Team performance and Educator Awards nights.
- You will have professional development opportunities to build your knowledge and excel in your career:
- Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care traineeships.
- An 18-month unique Diploma at Guardian to support your growth.
- Reimbursement of fees if you’re studying for a commonwealth supported placement degree of Early Childhood & Education.
- Paid study leave, practicum placement, support from experienced mentors.
- Educator Days and masterclasses to inspire and inform you as well as opportunities to network with other educators.
- Sector specific skill development opportunities such as First Aid, Child Protection Training, Practical National Quality Framework Training and more!
- There are significant opportunities for career developments across different centres, new centre openings or our Support Office.
- You can feed into Guardian’s education project – a world class, quality enhancement initiative.
- Your own children will receive childcare at up to 50% of the cost.
- You will receive a complementary and confidential Employee Assistance Program to help you through any personal, family or work-related concerns.
- All of this, plus an attractive pay package!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time