Early Learning Group Leader - Preston
Job no: 496228
Work type: Part-time Permanent
Location: North Melbourne
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Early Learning Room Leader - Preston
Join our growing child care family
Our 110-place centre is located in a heritage listed mansion with original Victorian era façade that has a home-like feeling with a fully renovated interior. The external spaces boast undercover decking, edible garden, climbing spaces and mud pits, and we love involving families and the local community in the life of our centre.
You will enjoy our 2-4 years room, through daily observations, you will exceed the individual needs of our centre are met, while leading our passionate and dedicated educators.
The indoor and outdoor environments have been designed to offer children complex and challenging learning opportunities, places of beauty and sustainable materials and resources.
Your role as Group Leader is to:
- Lead and mentor educators to achieve excellence and maintain strong professional relationships with one another
- Lead and develop the team to deliver a high-quality cycle of planning, curriculum and outcomes for each child in your room
- Ensure that all documentation, including Story Park, of children’s learning is visible and accessible to families and contains high quality information to meet regulatory requirements
- Embed and comply with all regulations, including Guardian’s policies and procedures
Successful candidate will have a:
- Completed Diploma in Children's Services along with sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework;
- Experience working as a Group Leader in an Early Childhood Centre
- Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, for your families and for your Educator colleagues
Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Apply now to help us achieve this mission!
Why work at Guardian?
- You will work with like-minded educators who truly believe in high quality teaching
- You will be rewarded and recognised through our monthly peer-nominated Educator Awards, Quarterly Award for outstanding Team performance and Educator Awards nights
- You will have professional development opportunities to build your knowledge and excel in your career:
- Reimbursement of fees if you’re studying for a commonwealth supported placement degree of Early Childhood & Education
- Paid study leave, practicum placement, support from experienced mentors
- Educator Days and masterclasses to inspire and inform you as well as opportunities to network with other educators
- Sector specific skill development opportunities such as First Aid, Child Protection Training, Practical National Quality Framework Training and more!
- There are significant opportunities for career developments across different centres, new centre openings or our Support Office
- You can feed into Guardian’s education project – a world class, quality enhancement initiative
- Your children will receive childcare at up to 50% off the daily fee
- You will have access to our complementary and confidential Employee Assistance Program to help you through any personal, family or work-related concerns
- All of this, plus an attractive pay package!
If you are seeking a long-term career in the early year’s sector then we are keen to hear from you as we believe we can offer you a career like no one else.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time