Early Learning Diploma Assistant - Allara Street
Job no: 496399
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Civic Canberra
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Early Learning Diploma Educator – Allara Street ACT
Join our growing child care family
With large outdoor spaces and bright well-resourced interior environments, this 61-place centre provides a unique Curriculum with the support of a friendly team of educators. We take pride in our strong connections with the local community and with the families at our centre.
If you are confident with the 2-3 age group, demonstrate initiative and work collaboratively with others, this role is for you.
The indoor and outdoor environments at our centres have been designed to offer children complex and challenging learning opportunities, places of beauty, as well as sustainable materials and resources. As an educator working at Guardian, you will contribute to room planning
Your role as a Diploma qualified educator is to:
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Have a sound knowledge of and demonstrate high-quality practice in line with, the National Quality Framework, that is, Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, the National Quality Standard and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly on your children’s progress and activities with their families
- Collaborate with your peers to extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation
Successful candidate will have a:
- Completed or studying Diploma in Children's Services along with sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Vulnerable People's Check
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Apply now to help us achieve this mission.
The joys of working for Guardian
- Access to professional development opportunities including our annual conference, leadership development, International study tours, International visitors, monthly meetings etc.
- Career advancement opportunities across our network including leading larger centres, new centres, turnaround centres, interstate relocations etc.
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
If you are seeking a long-term career in the early year’s sector then we would love to hear from you, as we believe we can offer you a career like no one else.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time