Early Childhood Teacher (Group Leader) - Allara Street
Job no: 496449
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Civic Canberra
Categories: Early Childhood Teacher
Guardian Early Learning Centre – Allara Street
Early Childhood Teacher
Join our growing child care family
With large outdoor spaces and bright well-resourced interior environments, this 61-place centre provides a unique Curriculum with the support of a friendly team of educators. We take pride in our strong connections with the local community and with the families at our centre. You’ll enjoy the community feel that comes from our custom-built, open plan indoor space resourced with Reggio inspired materials, as well as our open air outdoor space complete with a vegetable garden.
We are offering a unique opportunity to lead a smaller group of confident and capable 0-2-year-old children who are familiar with the space and ready to exceed in their project-based program. As the Room Leader you will be ensuring the individual needs of each child are met. Daily reflections, learning observations and meaningful relationships with children, staff and families are key requirements for the position. Experience with child-led project work, positive behaviour management and/or the Reggio Emilia Approach would be highly valued in our strengths-based team.
If you are looking for a positive, progressive workplace where supportive relationships and child-centric pedagogies are valued - apply now! Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Successful candidate will have a:
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor of Teaching/Education (Early Childhood) or ACECQA assessed qualifications
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Vulnerable People's Check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the Centre for children, their families and your colleagues
Why work at Guardian?
- You will work with like-minded educators who truly believe in high quality teaching
- You will be rewarded and recognised through our monthly peer-nominated Educator Awards, Quarterly Award for outstanding Team performance and Educator Awards nights
- You will have professional development opportunities to build your knowledge and excel in your career:
- Reimbursement of fees if you’re studying for a commonwealth supported placement degree of Early Childhood & Education
- Paid study leave, practicum placement, support from experienced mentors
- Educator Days and masterclasses to inspire and inform you as well as opportunities to network with other educators
- Sector specific skill development opportunities such as First Aid, Child Protection Training, Practical National Quality Framework Training and more!
- There are significant opportunities for career developments across different centres, new centre openings or our Support Office.
- You can feed into Guardian’s education project – a world class, quality enhancement initiative
- Your own children will receive childcare at up to 50% of the cost
- You will have access to our complementary and confidential Employee Assistance Program to help you through any personal, family or work-related concerns
- All of this, plus an attractive pay package!
If you are seeking a long-term career in the early year's sector then we would love to hear from you, as we believe we can offer you a career like no one else.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time