Early Learning Assistant Educator - Clayfield
Job no: 496486
Work type: Full-time Permanent, Part-time Permanent
Location: CBD & Inner West Brisbane, North Brisbane, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Join our growing child care family
A short two-minute walk from Clayfield station, our architecturally designed 122-place centre provides a fantastic outdoor space complete with scooter path, natural creek bed and sandpits. Inside you’ll find comfortable interiors with a theatre-style kitchen, plenty of resources and art and science area which will provide endless inspiration in your pedagogical practice.
The indoor and outdoor environments at our centres have been designed to offer children complex and challenging learning opportunities, places of beauty, as well as sustainable materials and resources. As an educator working at Guardian, you will contribute to room planning
Your role as a qualified educator is to:
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Have a sound knowledge of and demonstrate high-quality practice in line with, the National Quality Framework, that is, Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, the National Quality Standard and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly on your children’s progress and activities with their families
- Collaborate with your peers to extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation
Successful candidate will have a:
- Completed or studying Certificate III in Children's Services along with sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children Check
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Join us on our mission to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today. Apply now to help us achieve this mission.
Why work at Guardian?
- You will work with like-minded educators who truly believe in high quality teaching.
- You will be rewarded and recognised through our monthly peer-nominated Educator Awards, Quarterly Award for outstanding Team performance and Educator Awards nights.
- You will have professional development opportunities to build your knowledge and excel in your career:
- An 18-month unique Diploma at Guardian to support your growth.
- Reimbursement of fees if you’re studying for a commonwealth supported placement degree of Early Childhood & Education.
- Paid study leave, practicum placement, support from experienced mentors.
- Educator Days and masterclasses to inspire and inform you as well as opportunities to network with other educators.
- Sector specific skill development opportunities such as First Aid, Child Protection Training, Practical National Quality Framework Training and more!
- There are significant opportunities for career developments across different centres, new centre openings or our Support Office.
- You can feed into Guardian’s education project – a world class, quality enhancement initiative.
- Your own children will receive childcare at up to 50% of the cost.
- You will receive a complementary and confidential Employee Assistance Program to help you through any personal, family or work-related concerns.
- All of this, plus an attractive pay package!
If you are seeking a long-term career in the early year’s sector then we would love to hear from you, as we believe we can offer you a career like no one else.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time