Internal Communications Assistant/Specialist
Job no: 496522
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Categories: Human Resources, Marketing
Guardian Early Group
An opportunity for an Internal Communications Assistant / Specialist has become available within our HR team, based in Bondi Junction. This is not your everyday communications role as a key part will be employee engagement and ensuring all Guardian employees across Australia feel connected.
Why work at Guardian?
- You'll have meaningful work, working with a company that is passionate about shaping the world of tomorrow through the children of today
- Reduced child care fees for your family - up to 50%
- Employee Referral Program – Up to $2,000
- Onsite discounted car parking
- Our offices are located in the Westfield towers with panoramic views of the harbour and eastern suburb beaches
- High levels of autonomy and responsibility
- Smart casual dress code every day
- Growing company – career development opportunities available
- We’re a hard-working team experiencing growth, you’ll work with a supportive peer group and you’ll love our team spirit and our busy ever-changing environment
About the role:
Do you love speaking with and getting to know your fellow employees? Do you have a curious nature and a genuine passion for under covering great employee stories and celebrating their successes?
We are looking for a someone who can continue to drive our internal platforms; newsletters, face book for work etc and bring some pizzazz and energy to continue to build momentum. You will be a great writer and a great communicator with simple but on point ideas about how to drive engaging employee content. You will be comfortable building relationships with all levels of the business, digging out great stories and hero’ing the many great things our employees do every day. You will turn these into print, social and video footage so that we can celebrate, excite and delight our teams ultimately delivering our strategy to deliver a real sense of community.
This is an exciting stand-alone role working within our HR team, reporting to our Chief People & Culture Officer.
- You will lead the creation & development of our monthly newsletter; working across departments and State based teams to develop engaging content, to ensure maximum impact through readership and participation
- You will lead the fortnightly internal communications update; coordinating departments, developing content and eliciting feedback to ensure we are constantly improving and meeting our teams needs
- You will champion our internal communication platform, Workplace, ensuring high participation and engagement rates
- You will interview and video employees on their exceptional service stories to share and celebrate the amazing Educators in our team
- You will build engagement across our Support Office to create knowledge sharing and collate our great news stories. You will motivate teams to collate their video’s, pictures and show them how to identify moments in our business that we can capture and broadcast to promote our culture
- You will support all People initiatives and projects helping us create the tone of voice for all internal communications.
- Some prior experience working in an internal communications role
- You will have strong written and verbal skills and an open communication style
- Prior experience with social media, particularly Facebook
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills (you will be passionate about getting to know your fellow colleagues)
- The ability to source stories from employees and celebrate their success in a meaningful way
- The ability to develop internal communications strategies and tactics to engage employees
- A Tertiary qualification in Communications is also highly desirable
It all adds up to an amazing opportunity to contribute to our business. If being part of creating a change in a business excites you, we’d love to hear from you. We’re putting our people at the heart of all our decisions and we need your help to do that. Apply today!
Guardian Early Learning Group… Shaping the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time