Assistant Educator - Richmond
Job no: 498449
Work type: Full-time Permanent, Part-time Permanent
Location: CBD & Inner Suburbs Melbourne
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Assistant Educator | Richmond
Join the fantastic team at Guardian Richmond! We are looking for an experienced Assistant Educator to support the learning and development of children in the 0-2 years room.
You’ll will work alongside a team of passionate educators and will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Our beautiful and unique 140-place centre in Richmond with a real connection to community. Our spacious outdoor play areas, kitchen garden and purpose-built art studio are just some of the wonderful features of our centre. With access to a materials centre and a team of professional educators, Richmond is a centre that will inspire you in your pedagogical career.
The benefits of working for Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network, including larger centres and support office roles
- Access to professional development opportunities including; our nationally accredited Guardian diploma program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings, qualification updates such as First Aid, Child Protection etc
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
As an Assistant Educator you'll…
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Have a sound knowledge of and demonstrate high-quality practice in line with, the National Quality Framework, that is, Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, the National Quality Standard and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly on your children’s progress and activities with their families
- Collaborate with your peers to extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation
To be considered you will have:
- Completed or activity studying towards a Certificate III in Children's Services
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children Check
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education, then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
Guardian Early Learning Group is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered, and our policies, procedures and practices will ensure that child protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes for all children.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time