Childcare Cook - Altona North
Job no: 498618
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: South West Melbourne
Categories: Cook/Kitchen Hand
Child Care Cook | Early Learners Altona North
Join the fantastic team at Early Learners Altona North! We are looking for an experienced Childcare Cook to support the nutritional needs of the children in the centre.
You will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
This 186-place centre in Altona North boasts unique indoor/outdoor environments, state-of-the-art facilities and plenty of materials and resources. We have developed strong relationships with our families and the local community and are proud of our team of passionate early childhood professionals.
The benefits of working for Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our network including working in larger centres or brand new centres
- The ability to create your own menus
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- We have a recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shots and Employee Assistance Program
As a Cook you'll…
Plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children. The role also involves;
- Developing a seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations
- Ensuring children’s health and wellbeing
- Build strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community
- Ensuring best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within the kitchen at all times.
To be considered you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate, is highly desirable
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Passion for working in a small and respectful team
- Customer and quality orientated approach
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education, then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
‘Guardian Early Learning Group is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered, and our policies, procedures and practices will ensure that child protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes for all children.’
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time