Childcare Traineeship | Newstead
Job no: 498653
Work type: Full-time Permanent, Part-time Permanent
Location: CBD & Inner West Brisbane, North Brisbane
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Traineeship | Newstead
Begin your career in the Early Years Sector and gain a nationally recognised Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and be paid as you learn! This is a paid traineeship for 12 months.
You’ll be supported by a team of passionate educators and will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Located above Freedom Furniture in the ‘Homemaker The Valley’ retail complex, this 108-place centre is close to supermarkets, gyms, cafes and transport links into the CBD. Complete with lush gardens and natural resources, there are also water and natural-play spaces complete with structures and tunnels.
The benefits of working for Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our network once your Traineeship is complete, including permanent positions
- Access to professional development opportunities including; our nationally accredited Guardian diploma program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings qualification updates such as First Aid, Child Protection etc
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
As a Trainee Educator you'll…
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly children’s progress and activities with their families
- Prepare the children’s play and learning materials for the days activities. Then in collaboration with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments and spontaneous play experiences
- Help children with daily routines such as toileting, dressing, eating and sleeping and assist with the serving of light snacks and meals and communicate with the families on children’s progress and activities of the day into the program
To be considered you will have:
- A genuine interest in a long-term career within Early Childhood education
- The ability to commit to a 12-month traineeship program
- No previous formal qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time