Assistant Centre Manager - Moorabbin
Job no: 498719
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: South East & Bayside Area Melbourne
Categories: Early Childhood Management
Assistant Centre Manager | Guardian Moorabbin
As the Assistant Manager you will partner with our Centre Manager to mentor, lead and inspire our team to achieve success. You will play a pivotal role in building rich relationships within the centre and driving pedagogy best practice.
In this role you will be working 1-2 day In the office with the remaining days working in the toddler room as assistant. You will also be filling In for the Centre Manager on days that they are not In the centre.
Our warm and welcoming 115-place centre in Mentone has plenty of space for children to explore. With three outdoor spaces, comfortable interiors and plenty of resources, we also understand sustainability projects, harvest produce from our vegetable garden and host regular visits from the local library, dentist, emergency services and wildlife carers.
The benefits of working for Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network, including larger centres and support office roles
- You could be aspiring to a Centre Manager role in the future
- Access to professional development opportunities including; leadership development, curriculum training, our Guardian masterclass program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings, qualification updates such as First Aid, Child Protection etc.
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
As an Assistant Manager you’ll…
- Partner with the Centre Manager to lead a high-quality culture of rich learning environment for the children, families, educators and community
- Work as part of the leadership team contributing to quality improvement within in your Centre
- Provide leadership to the team in conjunction with the Centre Manager, managing day to day issues and resolving issues as they arise
- Ensure all policies and regulatory requirements are embedded within the Centre
To be considered you will have
- A completed Diploma in Children's Services or Bachelor of Teaching/Education (Early Childhood) or ACECQA assessed qualifications
- Previous experience as an Assistant Manager In a long day care centre
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, for your families and for your Educator colleagues
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education, then we would
love to hear from you. Apply online today!
‘Guardian Early Learning Group is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children
and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy
and empowered, and our policies, procedures and practices will ensure that child
protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes
for all children.’
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time