Child Care Group Leader - St Kilda Road
Job no: 498947
Work type: Full-time Permanent, Part-time Permanent
Location: South East & Bayside Area Melbourne
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Childcare Group Leader | St Kilda Road
Guardian Early Learning Group is a community of early childhood professionals dedicated to the care and education of young children through the early years.
We are looking for a Group Leader to support the learning and development in our 18 months to 2-year-old room. Educate up to 12 children and work alongside two other educators.
With specially-designed learning areas, a range of extracurricular activities and a team of professional and dedicated educators, you’ll be provided with endless opportunities to grow in your career. We’re proud of our beautiful outdoor environment, art studio and natural materials in our 140-place centre.
The benefits of working for Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network, including larger centres, turn around centres and support office roles
- Access to professional development opportunities including; leadership development, our Guardian Masterclass program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings etc
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
As a Room Leader you'll…
- Lead and mentor educators to achieve excellence and maintain strong professional relationships with one another
- Lead and develop the team to deliver a high-quality cycle of planning, curriculum and outcomes for each child in your room
- Ensure that all documentation, including Story Park, of children’s learning is visible and accessible to families and contains high quality information to meet regulatory requirements
- Embed and comply with all regulations, including Guardian’s policies and procedures
To be considered you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children's Services
- Prior experience running a room in a long day care service
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework;
- Experience working as a Room Leader in an Early Childhood Centre
- Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, for your families and for your Educator colleagues
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education, then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
‘Guardian Early Learning Group is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered, and our policies, procedures and practices will ensure that child protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes for all children.'
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time