Cook | Gungahlin
Job no: 499006
Work type: Part-time Permanent
Location: North Canberra
Categories: Cook/Kitchen Hand
Child Care Cook | Gungahlin
Join the fantastic team at Guardian Early Learning - Gungahlin! We are looking for an experienced Childcare Cook to support the nutritional needs of the children in the centre.
You will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Our 65-place centre in Gungahlin has light-filled internal spaces that flow directly to a wonderful, shaded outdoor area complete with sandpit and gardens. The team of friendly educators have developed strong bonds with families and the local community and undertake exciting projects including creative arts and sustainability initiatives.
The benefits of working for Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our network including working in larger centres or brand new centres
- The ability to create your own menus
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- We have a recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shots and Employee Assistance Program
As a Cook you'll…
Plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children. The role also involves;
- Developing a seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations
- Ensuring children’s health and wellbeing
- Build strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community
- Ensuring best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within the kitchen at all times.
To be considered you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate, is highly desirable
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Passion for working in a small and respectful team
- Customer and quality orientated approach
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time