Childcare Kitchen Hand | Richmond, Melbourne
Job no: 499199
Work type: Part-time Permanent
Location: CBD & Inner Suburbs Melbourne
Categories: Cook/Kitchen Hand
Childcare Kitchen hand |Richmond, Melbourne
Join the fantastic team at Richmond! We are looking for an experienced Kitchen Hand to support the nutritional needs of the children in the centre.
You will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Our beautiful and unique 140-place centre in Richmond with a real connection to community. Our spacious outdoor play areas, kitchen garden and purpose-built art studio are just some of the wonderful features of our centre. With access to a materials centre and a team of professional educators, Richmond is a centre that will inspire you in your pedagogical career.
The benefits of working for Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our network including working in larger centres or brand new centres
- The ability to work alongside an experienced Childcare cook
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- We have a recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shots and Employee Assistance Program
As a Kitchen Hand you'll…
- Work alongside the cook to assist with the preparation of nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children within the centre. The role also involves;
- A seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations
- Ensure children’s health and wellbeing
- Building strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community
- Ensure best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within the kitchen at all times.
To be considered you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate, is highly desirable
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Passion for working in a small and respectful team
- Customer and quality orientated approach
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time