Centre Manager Expression of Interest | Sydney
Job no: 495941
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Categories: Centre Managers
At Guardian Childcare & Education we celebrate childhood. The magic, the wonder, the endless possibilities and the sense of adventure. Guardian is a place where our people are recognised and rewarded for bringing their whole self to work. It’s what’s in you that makes a child’s experience truly unique.
Like so many others, we find ourselves in unprecedented times. While we’re surrounded by uncertainty, the work being conducted in the Childcare and Education world continues to be incredibly important.
Notwithstanding the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our sector heavily and we’re continuing to review our practices to better meet the needs of families, children at our community.
While we look forward to finding a sense of ‘normal’ again at some point, for now we’re looking for some of the brightest business minds across the sector to assist in running centres under very new circumstances now and in the future.
Understandably you may not be looking for a role to start tomorrow but we are still interested in getting to know you and understanding what is important to you about your next career move.
What does a Centre Manager do here at Guardian?
Working closely with your Operations Manager and your team of Educators, you will enjoy;
- Being responsible and accountable for centre financial performance, including occupancy, wage management and controllable costs
- Ensuring that your centre always demonstrates exceeding levels of practice as outlined in the National Quality Standard
- Building a positive centre culture in line with Guardians core visions and values
- Reviewing key performance indicators for your centre on a regular basis, with focus on revenue, debts, wages, occupancy and attendance
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are implemented, embedded, evaluated and reviewed in conjunction with team members and management on a regular basis
- Advocating for the rights of every child and co-ordinating the implementation and evaluation of quality programs, which support the development of all children
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children’s Services and/or Bachelor of Education (or working towards)
- Prior experience working in a long day care centre in a leadership role
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Budget and financial accountability experience
- Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children's Check.
- Current knowledge of contemporary early years thinking and passion
- Access to great professional development, coaching and mentoring programs including; bachelor program, workshops, short courses, qualification updates and more
- Centre Manager conference
- Career advancement opportunities; including larger centres and support office roles
- High-quality, well-resourced environments
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Recognition program; rewarding outstanding performances individuals and teams as well as compelling incentives for key achievements.
- Be celebrated at our annual Centre Manager awards night
- Develop your knowledge and network at our annual Centre Manager conference
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $3,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Flexibility and support with a range of full-time, and part-time opportunities, we can work with you to balance life and work
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time