Vacation Care Educator
Job no: 499642
Work type: Casual
Location: North East Perth
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Vacation Care Educators
Ever dreamt of being a Science or Dance teacher for the day? Did you know you could get paid to go to the movies, excercise with Yoganauts or dance academy incursions? Guardian’s school holiday care is the BEST way to have fun, learn new skills and make some cash!
- Fun way to make money during your Uni holidays
- Choose between various locations across Perth
- Work along supportive, friendly and like minded teammates
About the role
The Guardian Kids@IAG Vacation Care provides care for primary school aged children during the school holidays. Each day the program offers exciting themes, sports, art, drama, music, cooking and more. Plus, there are excursions to exciting places around town. Every day children can choose from all that is on offer and families can relax knowing that their children are entertained, safe and having fun.
As a Vacation Care Educator you will be responsible for providing quality care and educational experiences for children aged 5 to 12 years in a fun and relaxing environment. You will work in a team environment and be part of the planning and implementation of challenging and stimulating programs which are based on the needs and interests of the children in your care. You will bring your own skills to the team and run sessions which can showcase these skills. Most of all, you will have fun!
- Planning and providing exciting and engaging holiday program activities and experiences for children aged 5 to 12 years
- Ensuring children’s safety and wellbeing through caring interactions and working with your team
- Supervising children on excursions
- Preparation of afternoon tea
- Developing friendly and collaborative relationships with families
- Understanding and aligning practice with the Guardian policies and procedures, the National Regulations and the National Quality Framework
- Current Working With Children Check
- ACECQA approved qualification (working toward qualification) to work with primary school aged children (if you are currently studying or not sure, please check with us and we can assist you)
- Current Child Protection Qualification/Training
Preferable but not essential
- Current Workplace First Aid Qualification HLTAID004
Please note that Guardian is a Child Safe organisation, and as such we will require you to submit references from your most recent employment who will be contacted only at such time as you are ready to accept a position with Guardian.
Date of program – 5th - 22nd July 2019
The hours of work will differ depending on each holiday program site, however hours of work will be between 7:00am- 6:30pm business days.
About Guardian Early Learning Group
Guardian Early Learning Group have branched into the world of School Holiday Care in Perth! Launched in early, 2017, Vacation Care is Guardian’s corporate school holiday program offered to some of Australia’s largest and iconic brands including Vodafone, IAG, CBA and Woolworths. Over the past two years, the program has become an integral part of Guardian value proposition delivering over 100 programs to more than 1200 families for children aged between 5-12years.
If you would like to join a group of passionate educators, step out of your comfort level and develop soft and leadership skills, apply today!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time