Centre Manager | Taringa
Job no: 502408
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Categories: Centre Managers
At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
When you join Guardian Taringa, you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable and well-supported early education experts in their field.
Our teams partner with families to deliver world-class Curriculum, based on the renowned Reggio framework. Our Teachers and Educators are supporting children to develop the skills they will need to thrive in the 21st century - and we need exceptional, forward-thinking and thoughtful Teachers and Educators to join our ranks.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. We want awesome people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community - brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Career advancement opportunities – from in-centre to leadership roles tailored to your aspirations
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
Taringa is one of our newest editions to the Guardian community. Our 121-place open-plan centre boasts a beautiful wrap-around outside play and discovery environment for children from birth to five. With views of Mount Coot-tha, children enjoy their meals with a view at their purpose-built breakfast bar. Our light-filled centre inspires the minds of children with a wooden forte, water play, natural gardens and environments where our exciting programs come to life. Located close to public transport, Taringa is easily accessible for educators and families.
Working closely with your Portfolio Manager and your team of Teachers and Educators, you will enjoy;
- Being responsible and accountable for centre financial performance, including occupancy, wage management and controllable costs.
- Ensuring that your centre always demonstrates exceeding levels of practice as outlined in the National Quality Standard.
- Building a positive centre culture in line with Guardians core visions and values.
- Reviewing key performance indicators for your centre on a regular basis, with a focus on revenue, debts, wages, occupancy and attendance.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are implemented, embedded, evaluated and reviewed in conjunction with team members and management on a regular basis.
- Advocating for the rights of every child and coordinating the implementation and evaluation of quality programs, which support the development of all children.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children’s Services and/or Bachelor of Education (or working towards)
- Prior experience working in a long daycare centre in a leadership role.
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF.
- Budget and financial accountability experience
- Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates.
- Current Working with Children's Check.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time