Childcare Educator | Bruce
Job no: 502495
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Canberra, Bruce
Childcare Educator | Bruce
Every day is an opportunity for discovery and growth at Bruce. With a range of exciting, resource-rich environments including a family library, a sustainability garden, yoga classes, indigenous totem poles and a beautiful outdoor mural, our 156-place environment inspires educators and stimulates the minds of all children. Bruce is perfectly situated close to public transport with ample parking on-site.
Our educators pride themselves on each community partnership they have built, allowing opportunities for children to explore their local ponds, shopping centres, café’s, the Canberra Raiders training field and local primary school. We are proud to have a culturally diverse and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays. Our community-minded team also organise regular visits from Duncan Smith, from the Wiradjuri Echoes, who does monthly Indigenous learning with the children.
- Educator Days and national networking events.
- Access to great professional development, coaching and mentoring programs including; Guardian diploma program, bachelor program, workshops, short courses, qualification updates and more.
- Career pathways; grow your career and transition to a Lead Educator, Assistant Centre Manager, Curriculum Mentor or Quality Manager.
- High-quality, well-resourced environments.
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth.
- The Annual Educator awards night.
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $3,000.
- Flexibility and support with a range of full-time, and part-time roles, we can work with you to balance both the team’s members and family’s needs.
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children.
Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues and the centre community. Our Educators encourage family participation in curriculum decision making and create a strong sense of belonging and team morale. You will also;
- Develop and implement an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Document children’s learning and development.
- Ensure compliance with the National Law and National Regulations.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Certificate III and/or Diploma in Children's Services (or working towards).
- Prior experience in long day-care.
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF.
- Current Working with Children's Check.
At Guardian Childcare & Education we celebrate childhood. Guardian is a place where our people are recognised and rewarded for bringing their whole self to work. It’s what’s in you that makes a child’s experience truly unique.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time