PHP – WordPress Developer | Kelvin Grove
Job no: 505593
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Kelvin Grove (Support Office)
Categories: Information Technology, Marketing
Who Are You?
You are technically proficient and are at the stage of your career where you want to be more than just a developer. You know how to adjust your language to accommodate the audience, are able to communicate technically when required and can also communicate at a functional level with our Digital Marketing team. You are able to use your experience to help others articulate the features and changes they want delivered.
You are an experienced PHP and WordPress developer who loves understanding the customer challenges and requirements and then delivering a solution. You excel at switching between technical and functional context, know when to ask for more information and then are able to advise others to solve complex technical challenges when this is outside of your core skillsets. Challenges experienced may range from surfacing clarity in ambiguous features or goals through to recommending the most pragmatic system solution to meet requirements.
- Pro-active contribution to business success as a part of the Marketing Team;
- Support and enhancements for our PHP, WordPress and related applications;
- Ensuring privacy and security across all personal information transacted and surfaced in our customer facing systems;
- Close liaison with our Internal IT function, with a functional reporting line to our CIO;
- Ensuring solutions are documented and delivered to industry standards;
- Collate and surface data to meet Marketing Team requirements across SQL databases, web traffic monitors and external sources;
You are able to work from home but with some time in our Sydney Bondi Junction or Brisbane Office (depending on where you reside) when work demands and priorities require. We believe that some face-to-face interactions are important to foster a highly motivated and effective team.
Our culture is aligned with our industry – we believe in outcomes over process, recognise the need for flexibility particularly for our employees with young children, and care about you as an individual as well as a part of the team. We regard communication as one of the most important attributes one can possess in any business function. You will have regular interactions with the General Manager of Marketing and the Head of Digital, and your feedback and recommendations are important to us. You will have constant opportunity to provide and receive feedback around your and the wider teams performance and direction.
Our teams are culturally and gender diverse, we don’t demand constant long hours, working weekends or unrealistic deadlines. Sometimes we all need to go the extra mile, but this is the exception to the rule.
- PHP Functional and Object-Oriented Programming (PHP 7x)
- Custom WordPress Development using
- WP Actions
- WP Hooks
- WP Filters
- CPanel/WHM Hosting to manage servers
- Custom WordPress Plugin Development
- MySQL Database
- JS Cookie and HTML5 Local Storage
- SCSS for CSS Components
- HTML5 Form Management and Ajax Submissions
- PHP Curl
- Core PHP
- Git (For Deployment and Code Management)
- WP REST
- WP Auth
- PHP OOP Classes and Data Validation
- Campaign monitor, modern e-marketing and CX technologies.
If you want to step outside of the developer sweatshop and work in a challenging and rewarding environment where your ideas are valued, where you are able to operate both independently and as a part of a team, and your career goals are to grow technically and functionally then apply now!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time