Part time Childcare Cook | George Street, Sydney CBD
Job no: 499608
Work type: Full-time Permanent, Part-time Permanent
Location: CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Categories: Cook/Kitchen Hand
Part time Child Care Cook | George Street ELC, Sydney CBD
Join the fantastic team at George Street ELC! We are looking for an experienced Childcare Cook to support the nutritional needs of the children in the centre. This is a part-time opportunity working 25 to 30 hours/week Monday to Friday.
You will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Located in the heart of bustling George Street sits our wonderful 85-place centre. With well-equipped indoor and outdoor environments, comfortable staffroom and a friendly and professional team of educators, we pride ourselves on creating strong bonds with the children, families and local community.
The benefits of working for Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our network including working in larger centres or brand new centres
- The ability to create your own menus
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- We have a recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shots and Employee Assistance Program
As a Cook you'll…
Plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children. The role also involves;
- Developing a seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations
- Ensuring children’s health and wellbeing
- Build strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community
- Ensuring best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within the kitchen at all times.
To be considered you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate, is highly desirable
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Passion for working in a small and respectful team
- Customer and quality orientated approach
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time