Child Care Centre Manager - South Melbourne
Job no: 499765
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: CBD & Inner Suburbs Melbourne
Categories: Early Childhood Management
Centre Manager – Guardian Early Learning – South Melbourne – Guardian’s Newest Centre
Join us at Guardian Early Learning Group, one of Melbourne's leading educational providers!
Guardian is very pleased to announce that due to the highly anticipated opening of our brand-new state of the art centre we are welcoming applications for the role of Centre Manager.
Located on Tope Street, the centre is conveniently located within 300m walking distance of both Park Street and Sturt Street light rail stations.
This is a unique opportunity to play an integral part in the creation of inspirational learning spaces and building your new team. Work closely with our Curriculum, Marketing, Talent, Enrolments and Operations team to bring this centre to life.
Spread across three levels this 120-place centre sits above Melbourne’s skyline giving up unparallel views of the city. This custom-built and architecturally designed space offers expansive indoor/outdoor play areas. We have a commercial grade kitchen that will be used as a learning environment, featuring an open servery. Parents will be invited for breakfast and meals will be shared together in the piazza.
Architecturally designed to offer a nurturing and stimulating early learning environment for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. We have equipped the centre with Reggio-inspired materials, high quality, natural resources. The space features huge windows which can connect the children with the community and their surroundings. On the 3rd level, the centre features a well-resourced artillery on the rooftop yard, where children can express their creative skills.
Your role as Centre Manager
As a Centre Manager, you will have ultimate responsibility for the overall performance of your centre, measured against the:
- The development of quality service and pedagogical leadership
- Team leadership, development and educator engagement
- Parent satisfaction and feedback
- Establishing meaningful connections within the community and your families
- Use of marketing initiatives to drive occupancy
- Financial outcomes
We are looking for a dynamic and skilled Centre Manager who has the experience of opening new centres. You will be a leader who enjoys building meaningful relationships with the community and who can inspire and motivate a new team.
To be considered for this role the following will be a highly-regarded industry professional. You will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Centre Manager, managing large teams
- Demonstrated experience opening a new ELC centre.
- Working knowledge of the National Quality Framework, regulations and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the Centre for children and their families and for your team of Educators
- Experience working to and delivering budget targets
- A Nominated / Certified Supervisor Certificate
- Experience taking a centre/s through Assessment and Rating process
Guardian has a dedicated central support function with over 100 team members located in both Melbourne and Sydney. Victorian Centre Managers have access to our very own Pedagogy Exchange Centre. Click on the link to read more about this. https://www.guardian.edu.au/learning-guardian/guardian-pedagogical-exchange/
Our Centre Managers are encouraged to run their centres with a high degree of autonomy. Centre Managers who thrive at Guardian are those with a strong vision for their centre, who are good with people, who aren't afraid to make decisions and to speak their mind and who strive to run their Centres at full occupancy.
'Guardian Early Learning Group is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered, and our policies, procedures and practices will ensure that child protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes for all children.'
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time