Childcare Lead Educator | 0-2 years room | Guardian - Queen Street
Job no: 500123
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: CBD & Inner West Brisbane
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Childcare Lead Educator | 0-2 years room | Guardian Childcare & Education - Queen Street
Guardian Early Learning Group is a community of early childhood professionals dedicated to the care and education of young children through the early years.
With specially-designed learning areas, a range of extracurricular activities and a team of professional and dedicated educators, you’ll be provided with endless opportunities to grow in your career.
About the Centre:
Join the fantastic team at Queen Street! We are looking for an experienced Lead Educator to support the learning and development of children in the 0-2 years room.
Work alongside a team of passionate and knowledgeable educators in vibrant spaces that include an art studio, a sensory area and a view over the river. Our 118-place centre has a range of incredible environments and has developed strong relationships with our families and the local community.
Why choose Guardian:
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network, including larger Centres and support office roles
- Access to professional development opportunities including; our nationally accredited Guardian diploma program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings, qualification updates such as First Aid, Child Protection, etc…
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world-class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant-toddler Centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
As a Room Leader, you'll…
- Lead and mentor educators to achieve excellence and maintain strong professional relationships with one another
- Lead and develop the team to deliver a high-quality cycle of planning, curriculum, and outcomes for each child in your room
- Ensure that all documentation, including Story Park, of children’s learning, is visible and accessible to families and contains high-quality information to meet regulatory requirements
- Embed and comply with all regulations, including Guardian’s policies and procedures
- A completed Diploma in Children's Services
- Prior experience running a room in a long day care service
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework;
- Experience working as a Room Leader in an Early Childhood Centre
- Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the Centre for children, for your families and for your Educator colleagues
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education, then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
‘Guardian Early Learning Group is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered, and our policies, procedures, and practices will ensure that child protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes for all children.'
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time