Daw Park - Cook Campaign
Job no: 500332
Work type: Part-time Permanent
Location: Inner West Adelaide
Categories: Cook/Kitchen Hand
Child Care Cook|Brand New Centre Daw Park
Join the fantastic team at Daw Park! We are looking for an experienced Childcare Chef to support the nutritional needs of the children in the centre.
Daw Park, one of Guardian’s newest centres is located in a beautiful suburb close to the southern freeway and also the route to the city. With 96 places, this exciting purpose-built space, with resource-rich environments offers the opportunity for indoor and outdoor play. Our small cluster of centres aim to deliver the highest quality childcare and education.
The benefits of working for Guardian Childcare & Education:
- Career advancement opportunities across our network including working in larger centres or brand new centres
- The ability to create your own menus
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- We have a recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $3000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shots and Employee Assistance Program
As a Cook you'll…
Plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for the children. The role also involves;
- Developing a seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations
- Ensuring children’s health and wellbeing
- Build strong relationships with children, educators, families and the entire centre community
- Ensuring best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld within the kitchen at all times.
To be considered you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Certificate III In Commercial Cookery or higher Is desirable
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate, is highly desirable
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Passion for working in a small and respectful team
- Customer and quality orientated approach
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time