Inclusion Support Educator | Kids Club Torquay
Job no: 500360
Work type: Part-time Temporary
Location: South West Melbourne
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Join the fantastic team at Kids Club Torquay! We are looking for an experienced Assistant Educator to provide additional support for the learning and development of children in the centre. This is a part time position, 4 days a week and you can work "school hours". Work 10 am to 3 pm and choose to extend your shifts if you wish.
Every day is an opportunity for discovery and growth at Kids Club Torquay, which is rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard. Kids Club has recently renovated outdoor space. The light-filled and spacious centre also has chickens, herb and vegetable gardens, a pirate ship, cubby house, water pump, riverbed and a range of age-specific ateliers.
You will work alongside a team of passionate educators and will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
The benefits of working for Guardian Childcare & Education:
- Set hours/days per week/room age.
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network, including larger centres and support office roles
- Access to professional development opportunities including; our nationally accredited Guardian Diploma program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings, qualification updates such as First Aid, Child Protection etc
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
As an Assistant Educator you'll…
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Have a sound knowledge of and demonstrate high-quality practice in line with, the National Quality Framework, that is, Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, the National Quality Standard and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly on your children’s progress and activities with their families
- Collaborate with your peers to extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation
To be considered you will have:
- Completed or activity studying towards a Certificate III in Children's Services
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children Check
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time