Lead Educator | Forde
Job no: 500565
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: North Canberra
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Childcare Lead Educator | Forde
Join the fantastic team at Forde! We are looking for an experienced lead educator to lead the learning and development of children in the toddlers room.
You will work alongside a team of passionate educators and will have access to a range of benefits while helping to shape the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Rated as Exceeding the National Quality Standard, this 102-place centre provides excellent early learning in a warm and welcoming environment. We have a brand new art studio and are surrounded by beautiful parklands and lakes and with six large learning spaces and two sizable, recently renovated yards, Forde is a fantastic place to grow your career.
The benefits of working for Guardian Childcare & Education:
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network, including larger centres, turn around centres and support office roles
- Access to professional development opportunities including; leadership development, our Guardian Masterclass program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings etc
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world-class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant-toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
As a Lead Educator, you'll…
- Lead and mentor educators to achieve excellence and maintain strong professional relationships with one another
- Lead and develop the team to deliver a high-quality cycle of planning, curriculum and outcomes for each child in your room
- Ensure that all documentation, including Story Park, of children’s learning, is visible and accessible to families and contains high-quality information to meet regulatory requirements
- Embed and comply with all regulations, including Guardian’s policies and procedures
To be considered you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children's Services
- Prior experience running a room in a long day care service
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework;
- Experience working as a Lead Educator in an Early Childhood Centre
- Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, for your families and for your Educator colleagues
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education, then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
‘Guardian Childcare & Education is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered, and our policies, procedures and practices will ensure that child protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes for all children.'
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time