Job no: 500575
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Financial Accountant | Guardian Childcare & Education
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Accountant to join our friendly and collaborative Finance team to look after financial reporting, corporate solutions and general accounting.
Why work at Guardian?
- You'll have a meaningful and rewarding role, within a company that is passionate about shaping the world of tomorrow through the children of today
- A supportive environment that empowers you to thrive and gives you the autonomy, accountability and flexibility to shape your own success
- Growing company with career development opportunities
- Onsite discounted car parking
- Smart casual dress code every day
More about you and the role
We are looking for an experienced Accountant with an eye for detail and good spreadsheet skills to take over three major responsibilities:
- Accounting for the P and L’s of a small portfolio of childcare centres within our countrywide group of over 110.
- Being the main accounting point of contact for our developing Corporate Solutions business including responsibility for invoicing
- Controlling the Balance sheet of the business as part of the Finance team.
The role will encompass other general accounting responsibilities within the Finance department as part of a team of 10. This is an important role looking after a demanding Customer group and will provide an exciting growth opportunity for the right individual.
You'll be a real team player who is adaptable, with a ‘can-do' attitude. You’ll also have:
- Strong experience in a fast-moving accounting environment
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Experience in a multi-unit environment would be highly desirable
- A commercially astute mind
- The highest standards of accuracy and precision
- A high level of organisation; adept at handling multiple tasks with logical and analytical reasoning
- High energy levels as long working hours can occasionally be required to meet invoicing and reporting deadlines
- Professionalism, practical judgment, integrity and be result oriented.
- Working towards a professional accounting qualification would be seen as very positive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to think creatively, be driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up your sleeves and work collaboratively with all team members
Guardian Childcare and Education is dedicated to the education and development of children through their early years. Our vision is to become regarded as the highest quality provider of early learning centres in the country.
Guardian Childcare and Education own a portfolio of over 110 childcare centres, having grown from 17 centres in 2010, and these are the best performing group of centres in the world.
We are a hard-working team experiencing growth. You'll work with a supportive peer group, you'll love our team spirit as well as our ever-changing environment. It all adds up to an amazing opportunity to contribute to our business.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time