Casual Educator | Blackburn, VIC
Job no: 500744
Work type: Casual
Location: East Melbourne
Categories: Early Childhood Educators
Childcare Educator | Guardian Early Learning Centre – Blackburn Village
Do you hold a Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood and have Long Day Care experience?
The fantastic team at Blackburn Village are looking to welcome qualified educators to join their service on a casual basis.
At our newest Melbourne centre, known within the community as ‘Blackburn Village’, every day is an opportunity for growth. Our 104 place centre, located on Blackburn Road is close to public transport and street parking.
With a range of resource-rich environments including, a water pump, a creek bed, vegetable gardens, a teepee, natural climbing structures and age-specific ateliers where our exciting programs come to life. As part of our community focus, the team of Educators are planning to launch their excursion program later in 2019, to locations such as local cafes, parks, forests and Blackburn Lake.
The benefits of working for Guardian Childcare & Education:
- Career advancement opportunities across our growing network, including larger centres and support office roles
- Access to professional development opportunities including; our nationally accredited Guardian Masterclass program, Educator conference with national and International speakers, monthly meetings etc
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth
- Our recognition program with rewards for outstanding performance for both individuals and teams and our annual Educator awards night
- Participation in the Guardian Education project; a world class quality enhancement initiative inspired by the infant toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $2,000
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children
- Employee wellbeing scheme - Annual flu shot and Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform provided
As an Educator you'll…
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the centre community
- Have a sound knowledge of and demonstrate high-quality practice in line with, the National Quality Framework, that is, Education and Care Services National Law and National Regulations, the National Quality Standard, and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Actively contribute to the educational program, observations, and documentation, using Story Park and informal opportunities to communicate regularly children’s progress and activities with their families
- Collaborate with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation
To be considered you will need:
- Hold a Certificate III or Diploma in Children's Services
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework
- A current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Current Working with Children check
- Passion and ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive learning culture within the centre for children, for your families and for your Educator colleagues
If you are seeking a fulfilling career in Early Years Education, then we would love to hear from you. Apply online today!
"Guardian Childcare & Education is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and their welfare will always be our first priority. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered, and our policies, procedures and practices will ensure that child protection issues will be approached and managed in a way to ensure the best outcomes for all children.'
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time