Childcare Lead Educator | Taringa
Job no: 501136
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Categories: Group/Lead/Room Educator
At Guardian Childcare & Education we celebrate childhood. The magic, the wonder, the endless possibilities and the sense of adventure. Guardian is a place where our people are recognised and rewarded for bringing their whole self to work. It’s what’s in you that makes a child’s experience truly unique.
Taringa is one of our newest editions to the Guardian community. Our 121-place open plan centre boasts a beautiful wrap around outside play and discovery environment for children from birth to five. With views of Mount Coot-tha, children enjoy their meals with a view at their purpose-built breakfast bar.
Our light-filled centre inspires the minds of children with a wooden forte, water play, natural gardens and environments where our exciting programs come to life.
Located close to public transport, Taringa is easily accessible for educators and families.
Working closely with your fellow Educators and Centre Manager, you will enjoy;
- Leading a team of educators with a focus on individual development and mentoring in the education, care, and supervision of each child.
- Working collaboratively with educators, children and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting and evaluation in accordance with the National Quality Framework and Guardian Curriculum.
- Developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Developing and implementing an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Documenting children’s learning and development.
- Actively contributing to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Certificate III and/or Diploma in Children's Services (or working towards).
- Prior experience in long day-care.
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF.
- Current Working with Children's Check.
- Knowledge of personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection laws.
- Educator Days and national networking events.
- Access to great professional development, coaching and mentoring programs including; bachelor program, workshops, short courses, qualification updates and more.
- Career pathways; grow your career and transition to an Assistant Centre Manager, Centre Manager, Curriculum Mentor or Quality Manager.
- High-quality, well-resourced environments.
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth.
- The Annual Educator awards night.
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $3,000.
- Flexibility and support with a range of full-time, and part-time roles, we can work with you to balance both the team’s members and family’s needs.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time