Childcare Lead Educator| Walker Street
Job no: 502810
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Location: Sydney, Walker Street
Categories: Lead Educator
At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
When you join Guardian North Sydney, you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable and well-supported early education experts in their field.
Our teams partner with families to deliver world-class Curriculum, based on the renowned Reggio framework. Our Teachers and Educators are supporting children to develop the skills they will need to thrive in the 21st century - and we need exceptional, forward-thinking and thoughtful Teachers and Educators to join our ranks.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. We want awesome people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community - brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Career advancement opportunities – from in-centre to leadership roles tailored to your aspirations
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
Rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard, Walker Street is a 60-place service that is proud to have a culturally diverse team and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays. Conveniently located near North Sydney train station and bus stops, this centre boasts a wonderful purpose-built outdoor environment, art studio, and bright interiors with plenty of resources. Our community-minded Educators also organise family dinners on a Friday evening, as well as various events and fundraisers throughout the year.
Working closely with your fellow Educators and Centre Manager, you will enjoy;
- Leading a team of educators with a focus on individual development and mentoring in the education, care, and supervision of each child
- Working collaboratively with educators, children and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting and evaluation in accordance with the National Quality Framework and Guardian Curriculum
- Developing and implementing an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice
- Documenting children’s learning and development
- Actively contributing to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children's Services.
- Prior experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable)
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Knowledge of personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection laws.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time