Childcare Cook | Cherrybrook
Job no: 504301
Work type: Part-time Permanent
Location: Sydney, Cherrybrook
Categories: Chef/Cook/Kitchen Hand
At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
When you join Guardian Cherrybrook, you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable and well-supported early education experts in their field.
Our teams partner with families to deliver world-class Curriculum, based on the renowned Reggio framework. Our Teachers and Educators are supporting children to develop the skills they will need to thrive in the 21st century - and we need exceptional, forward-thinking and thoughtful Teachers and Educators to join our ranks.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. We want awesome people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community - brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Career advancement opportunities – from in-centre to leadership roles tailored to your aspirations
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
Our small 39-place centre in Cherrybrook is rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard. Located within the West Pennant Hills valley, the centre is close to public transport including Cherrybrook Train station and has available street parking. With a community-minded team of Educators, there’s always something happening at Playdays. Regular guests include the dentist, Swim Safe team, optometrist, Rangers on the Run and a chick hatching program. Allow your career to thrive at Guardian Cherrybrook.
- Develop a seasonal, nutritious menu that respects individual requirements in regard to medical conditions, food preferences, and cultural considerations and ensures children’s health and wellbeing
- Ensure children’s health and wellbeing
- Building strong relationships with the centre Chef, the children, educators, families and the entire centre community
- Ensure best practice food safety and hygienic standards are always upheld.
To be considered, you will have:
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Previous experience in child care is highly desirable
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or working towards is desirable.
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Current Working with Children's Check or state-specific equivalent.
Be inspired, be inspiring, and introduce us to the Creator in you. Apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time