Childcare Trainee | Forrest
Job no: 504393
Work type: Full-time Temporary
Location: Canberra, Forrest
Categories: Trainee Educators
At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
When you join Guardian Forrest you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable and well-supported early education experts in their field.
Our teams partner with families to deliver world-class Curriculum, based on the renowned Reggio framework. Our Teachers and Educators are supporting children to develop the skills they will need to thrive in the 21st century - and we need exceptional, forward-thinking and thoughtful Teachers and Educators to join our ranks.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. We want awesome people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community - brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Career advancement opportunities – from in-centre to leadership roles tailored to your aspirations
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
Our light-filled and spacious 140-place centre has a range of exciting, resource rich environments to encourage children to explore and learn. With access to a sustainable environment that boasts beautiful established tree’s, a water pump, a creek bed, herb and vegetable gardens, every day is an opportunity for growth and discovery.
Forrest is perfectly situated in the heart of Civic, walking distance from Parliament house with access to public transport and shopping precincts.
With strong community bonds, children attend regular excursions to the local parks and café’s where they often enjoy afternoon. We are proud to have a culturally diverse team and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays throughout the year. The community-minded team also organise a range of social and informative parent evenings.
As a part of our Trainee program, you will gain on the job experience whilst studying. We pay for the course and you will receive an hourly rate for all hours worked. Upon successful completion of the traineeship, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Certificate III in Children’s services.
The Centre Manager, your team members and the program assessor will provide you with regular support, you will also enjoy;
- Building and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Assisting in providing a safe and stimulating environment which meets the social, cultural, emotional, and educational needs of the children and families
- Preparing the children’s play and learning materials for the day's activities. Then in collaboration with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments and spontaneous play experiences.
To be considered for a Traineeship, you will:
- Have a genuine interest in a long-term career within Early Childhood education
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be willing to commit to a 12-month traineeship program
- Hold no previous formal qualifications (in any field)
- Be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check or state equivalent.
So, what are you waiting for? To start your career, apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time