Childcare Trainee | Kellyville
Job no: 504851
Work type: Full-time Permanent
Categories: Trainee Educators
At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
When you join Guardian Kellyville, you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable and well-supported early education experts in their field.
Our teams partner with families to deliver world-class Curriculum, based on the renowned Reggio framework. Our Teachers and Educators are supporting children to develop the skills they will need to thrive in the 21st century - and we need exceptional, forward-thinking and thoughtful Teachers and Educators to join our ranks.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. We want awesome people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community - brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Career advancement opportunities – from in-centre to leadership roles tailored to your aspirations
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
Our 108-place centre includes two natural outdoor yards. There’s a real appreciation for nature at Kellyville and we embed environmental practices into our daily interactions including involving our children with the care of our guinea pigs. Close to public transport and parking available in the surrounding streets, the spacious centre also has a creek bed, a water pump, mud pits, vegetable gardens and a range of age-specific ateliers. With a team of community-minded and long-standing Educators we are proud to celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays including Holi and Chinese New Year. Our exciting programs along with our unique Curriculum will inspire you in your career.
As a part of our Trainee program, you will gain on the job experience whilst studying. We pay for the course and you will receive an hourly rate for all hours worked. Upon successful completion of the traineeship, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Certificate III in Children’s services.
The Centre Manager, your team members and the program assessor will provide you with regular support, you will also enjoy;
- Building and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Assisting in providing a safe and stimulating environment which meets the social, cultural, emotional, and educational needs of the children and families
- Preparing the children’s play and learning materials for the day's activities. Then in collaboration with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments and spontaneous play experiences.
To be considered for a Traineeship, you will:
- Have a genuine interest in a long-term career within Early Childhood education
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be willing to commit to a 12-month traineeship program
- Hold no previous formal qualifications (in any field)
- Be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check or state equivalent.
So, what are you waiting for? To start your career, apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time