Childcare Lead Educator | St Kilda South
Job no: 504943
Work type: Part-time Temporary
Location: St Kilda South
Categories: Lead Educator
At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
When you join Guardian St Kilda South, you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable and well-supported early education experts in their field.
Our teams partner with families to deliver world-class Curriculum, based on the renowned Reggio framework. Our Teachers and Educators are supporting children to develop the skills they will need to thrive in the 21st century - and we need exceptional, forward-thinking and thoughtful Teachers and Educators to join our ranks.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. We want awesome people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community - brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Career advancement opportunities – from in-centre to leadership roles tailored to your aspirations
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
Our 149 centre at St Kilda is built around a 200-year-old Moreton Bay Fig Tree, which is the backdrop to our free flowing indoor/outdoor program. Located near public transport and with street parking in the surrounding streets the centre is also around the corner from St Kilda Botanical gardens and St Kilda beach. We are proud to have a culturally diverse team and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays throughout the year. In addition to events, our community-minded team organises regular visits to our neighboring Guardian centres, creating strong bonds between the children.
Working closely with your fellow Educators and Centre Manager, you will enjoy;
- Leading a team of educators with a focus on individual development and mentoring in the education, care, and supervision of each child
- Working collaboratively with educators, children and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting and evaluation in accordance with the National Quality Framework and Guardian Curriculum
- Developing and implementing an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice
- Documenting children’s learning and development
- Actively contributing to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Certificate III and/or Diploma in Children's Services (or working towards).
- Prior experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable)
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Knowledge of personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection laws.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time